Today, the Indian Films & TV Producers Council said that it has asked the producers to get crew members tested every 15 days after a sudden surge in coronavirus cases in the city. The chairman of the TV & Web wing, Mr. JD Majethia said that the broadcasters have graciously borne the cost of the test. He further stated that the Producers have been urged to create a bio-bubble on the sets and post-production facilities for total safety. He also elaborated that all the guidelines have been followed scrupulously and the work on bio-bubble has already commenced. It will fructify in a couple of days. As per the Break the Chain guidelines, the tests will be again repeated after 15 days; however, the IFTPC has insisted that antigen tests shall be done every week for additional safety. Reportedly, the Producers have conducted the tests and submitted the report. And the IFTPC has received confirmation that more than 9000 tests have been conducted so far. In view of the stringent measures adopted by the industry, he is also hoping that the government will not impose any lockdown on the industry. He is also hoping that the government will treat the industry as an essential service and its workers as frontline workers.
According to Majethia, the industry is doing a good job by continuously producing entertaining shows which helps the people to stay at home and brings relief to their stressful life while they are confined to the homes totally. In the press release, the IFTPC has also thanked the other stakeholders such as Broadcasters, IMPPA, Producers Guild, WIFPA, IFTDA, FWICE and CINTAA for coming out with their own SOP and constant vigil. It has also thanked Dr. Amol Kolhe MP, Dr. Shashank Joshi and Aadesh Bandekar for their continuous support and guidance. For lending genuine support to the M&E industry, the release also appreciated the pro-active Chief Minister Mr. Uddhav Thackrey and Health Minister Mr. Rajesh Tope. The coronavirus pandemic has hit the Hindi film industry hard with actors Akshay Kumar, Vicky Kaushal and Bhumi Pednekar among the growing number of Bollywood celebrities to have tested positive for COVID-19. Kumar, who was one of the first actors to resume film shootings, on Sunday announced that he had tested positive for the virus. The 53-year-old actor has been filming back-to-back projects, but contracted the virus five days after starting the production on his action-adventure movie "Ram Setu" Popular TV actor Rupali Ganguly is also recovering from COVID-19 after getting diagnosed on Saturday.