Veteran singer SP Balasubrahmanyam, who has been in the hospital since the first week August seems to be recovering slowly. In latest update, the veteran singer's son evealed that the doctors have started oral feeding and his lungs. In a video statement, Charan said, "There have been a lot of improvements in dad's health. His lungs are improving. The physiotherapy sessions are going well and dad has been an active participant. The doctors have tried and sat him up. He is now able to sit for 15 to 20 minutes a day. They have also started to oral feed him and everything is looking good as of now. Thankfully, he is stable and fully awake. It wouldn't have been possible without your love, concern, and prayers.
In an earlier health update video, SP Charan said that SPB tested negative for the novel coronavirus. He further added that the doctors are hoping to take him off life support soon. Charan also revealed that SPB is fully awake and has been keeping himself occupied by watching tennis and cricket matches.SP Balasubrahmanyam got admitted to the hospital on August 5 after testing positive for the novel coronavirus. His health condition deteriorated on the night of August 13 and was put on life support. Earlier last week, SP Charan had rubbished some of the rumours that have been reported in certain media, one which said that SP Balasubramanyam had been discharged and another that a lung transplantation has been planned. He also said that reports saying that he has been singing in the ICU for his fans is also not true.