COVID-19: Centre shares list of food to build immunity organically
By Lokmat English Desk | Published: May 7, 2021 05:08 PM2021-05-07T17:08:18+5:302021-05-07T17:10:46+5:30
With a total of 4,14,188 new COVID-19 cases being recorded in the last 24 hours, India again reported its ...
With a total of 4,14,188 new COVID-19 cases being recorded in the last 24 hours, India again reported its highest single-day spike on the second consecutive day. On May 6, the country had registered 4,12,262 new COVID cases.
A person suffering from coronavirus can recover from quickly if they have strong immunity. Therefore, Corona patients should prefer to eat foods that boost the immune system. The list of such items has been shared by the central government on the Twitter handle My Government India.
The government has shared a list of certain foods to boost immunity and recover from corona. Both waves of the corona show some noticeable symptoms. Losing a sense of smell and taste is one of the most sure symptoms of coronavirus and can take weeks to fully heal. Corona patients have difficulty eating due to loss of taste in the mouth.
Because of the lack of appetite and difficulty swallowing food, the patient's stomach does not get enough nutrition. Which doen't help in boosting the immunity. In such case, the government has advised to eat soft foods at regular intervals and use amchoor in the food.
Check out the general measures to boost immunity amid covid:
- The main focus for covid patient is to consume food that would help rebuild muscle , immunity and energy levels
- Whole grain like ragi, oats and amarnath are advised
- Good sources of protien such as chicken, fish, eggs, paneer, soy nuts and seeds recommended
- Healthy fat like walnuts, almonds, olive oil, mustard oil recommended
- Regular physical activity like yoga and breathing exercise advised (pranayam) as per tolerance
- 5 serving of colored fruit and vegetables to get adequate vitamins & minerals recommended
- Small amounts of dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa to get rid of anxiety
- Take turmeric milk once a day to boost immunity
- Most covid patient experience loss of smell and taste or difficulty swallowing
- It is important to eat soft foods at small intervals & to add amchoor in the food
Are you looking for natural ways to boost your immunity?— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) May 6, 2021
We’ve got you covered!
Here’s few general measures which you can follow to boost your immunity organically amidst #COVID19. #StayHomeStaySafe#IndiaFightsCorona@MoHFW_INDIA@MIB_India@PIB_Indiapic.twitter.com/KfKk2pLyeL