Prime Minister Narendra Modi asked the country's 1.3 billion people this week to stay indoors for three weeks in the world's biggest lockdown, seeking to curb the spread of the illness.
People across the world are finding different ways to deal with quarantine at home during the lockdown due to novel coronavirus that has now become a pandemic.
To help nourish your mind, body, and soul in the coming weeks ahead, popular celebrity Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has shared five tips on how you can make the best use of this opportunity given to you of stay at home. Have a look:
1. Use this 21 day lockdown time to build a habit that will last. Do 5 Surya Namaskars a day and over the next 3 weeks make it an integral part of your life. Something that will stay with you even when things return to normal and when you will have 'no time to exercise'.
2. Eating home-cooked food is infinitely healthier than counting calories. Eat dal-chawal and know that superfoods are those that see you through your bad times.
3. Revive your relationship with your kitchen. Cook a meal a day and if you are a man prep before and clean after. Let it truly be a pleasure that you are at home.
4. Learn something new daily. Try something that you always wanted to and there's always an online class for it.
5. Nothing gets done without a bit of this. Self regulate your gadget/TV time and read instead. It allows time to fly and you to feel free. Nothing comes close to reading.