A family in Wuhan has rushed to get tested for the coronavirus after spotting a whole dead bat in a pot of pork soup that they ordered from a Chinese restaurant. The customers immediately went to hospital after the shocking discovery. However, the results turned out be negative according to reports in the media. According to reports, the family bought a pot of frozen pork soup from a restaurant near his home in Wuhan of Hubei province. The father had eaten some of the broth by himself but did not spot anything unusual. Soon they were shocked to find the whole dead bat in the leftover food as they were planning to eat it together on the third day after the purchase.
The family initially thought the foreign object was a type of spice used for cooking the soup but soon realized it had wings and ears. The disgusted diners went to the restaurant where they ordered the soup after their shocking discovery.The eatery offered to refund the family but said that they had purchased the frozen product from a local soup manufacturer. When approached by the local press, the owner of the food company denied that the bat got into the broth while they were making it. He said: ‘Bats are normally active during the night, but we make our soup during the day. We seal the pot immediately when we finish and put it in the fridge. We never leave it outside.’
The business owner claimed that the black mammal had flown into the soup when the family took the food out of the fridge.The local authorities launched an investigation into the matter after receiving a complaint from the diners. But they were unable to identify when and how the baby bat got into the soup as it was found three days after the purchase, an official told the local station.The family had also received nucleic acid tests after they found the bat but all of them tested negative for the coronavirus. Although no one appeared to be responsible for the incident, the soup manufacturer said that they were willing to pay the family a compensation.