A 10-day complete lockdown has been announced from June 2 in Thane and two other civic administration limits to contain the spread of coronavirus, officials said.
The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), Kalyan Dombivali Municipal Corporation (KDMC) and Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation, all part of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR), jointly decided on the complete lockdown for next 10 days in view of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in these areas, the officials said.
The lockdown came into force from 7 am on Thursday and will continue till 7 am on July 12, they said.
The municipal corporations of Navi Mumbai and Panvel will enforce complete lockdown from July 3 midnight.
1) Essential services and medical emergencies are exempted.
2) Movement of all essential goods as well as perishable items.
3) Banks, ATMs, IT, ITeS, India Post, internet and data services.
4) Medical shops will be exempted from the lockdown
5) Home delivery of food grains, vegetables, fish, meat, bakery items will be allowed between 9 am to 11 pm.
6) Milk and dairy items will be delivered at doorsteps between 5 am and 10 am.
What's not allowed
1) Inter-city buses
2) Autorickshaws, taxis and app-based cabs will not be allowed
3) Non-essential services will not operate during this period.
Movement of vehicles for purposes other than medical and essential travel be allowed, the order said.