As Maharashtra nears it covid-19 peak and availability of hospital beds may become further difficult. The number of corona patients in the state crossed the 90,000 mark on Tuesday. Various decisions are being taken by the state government to reduce the risk of corona.
The state government has issued guidelines based on traditional on Ayurveda, Unani and Homeopathy for the general public through the state's Department of Medical Education and Medicine.
General preventive measures
1. Adherence to personal hygiene.
2. Wash hands frequently with soap for 20 seconds .
3. Keep handkerchief on mouth while coughing and sneezing
4. Close contact with people who are sick or who have symptoms of cold, cough, etc. should be avoided.
5. Avoid contact with animals and eating uncooked uncooked meat.
6. Avoid traveling to animal husbandry as well as live animal sales outlets or slaughterhouses
AYUSH measures are as follows
1. Eat fresh, hot and easy to digest food. Meals should include whole and seasonal vegetables .
2.It is beneficial to boil basil leaves, crushed ginger and turmeric in water and drink it frequently.
3. For cold and cough, it is beneficial to take a pinch of black pepper and powdered honey.
4. Common herbs like basil, mulberry, ginger and turmeric are useful in corona symptoms.
5. Avoid cold, refrigerated and thick digestible foods.
6. Avoid direct contact with cold air.
7. Sleep on time is beneficial.
8. Do yoga and pranayama under the guidance of a trained specialist.
9. Muga extract / soup / water - Drink hot Muga extract / soup / water boiled in Moong dal water, it is nutritious.
10. Golden Milk / Milk - Mix half teaspoon of turmeric and half teaspoon of ginger powder in 150 ml hot milk and drink this milk once or twice a day.
1. Sanshamani Vati 1 tablet twice a day for 15 days .
2. Drink herbal tea / decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini(Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) - once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
3. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash
4. Apply sesame oil / coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in morning and evening
5. Take 1 table spoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day