Marathi | HIndi

Epaper
Follow us:
Home > Maharashtra > Kishori Pednekar: Mumbaikars not adhering COVID-19 restrictions, complete lockdown a solution
Kishori Pednekar: Mumbaikars not adhering COVID-19 restrictions, complete lockdown a solution English.Lokmat.com

Kishori Pednekar: Mumbaikars not adhering COVID-19 restrictions, complete lockdown a solution

As India is witnessing a surge in COVID cases in the second wave of the pandemic, a number of ...
Kishori Pednekar: Mumbaikars not adhering COVID-19 restrictions, complete lockdown a solution

As India is witnessing a surge in COVID cases in the second wave of the pandemic, a number of states and UTs have imposed lockdown-like measures to contain the virus.  The second wave of coronavirus is said to be more intense than the first and it has put a huge strain on the health system in various states of the country.

Mumbai has reported 8,839 new cases on Friday, pushing the total to 5.6 lakh, of which 85,226 are active cases, as per the BMC. MAharashtra government has imposed a curfew in the state to curb the spread of the disease. 

Despite the curfew, many were seen violating the rules in many parts of the state. Regarding this BMC Mayor Kishori Pednekar has warned the citizens of Mumbai of a complete lockdown if they fail to adhere to lockdown rules. 

She said,"95% of Mumbaikars are adhering to COVID-19 restrictions. The remaining 5% of people who are not following restrictions are causing problems to others. I think a complete lockdown should be imposed looking at the current COVID19 situation."

Kishori Pednekar: Mumbaikars not adhering COVID-19 restrictions, complete lockdown a solution
Maharashtra Lockdown: More than 3.5 lakh migrant workers leave Mumbai, 115 summer special trains announced
COVID-19: Remdesivir not a life-saving drug, what to use if Remdesivir Injection is not available? special video of Dr. Amol Kolhe
Sachin Vaze's subordinate Riyaz Kazi sent to judicial custody till April 23
Equity indices end flat, Wipro gains 9 pc