Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray today while addressing the state said that COVID-19 cases in the state is exploding dangerously. He said a total of 60,212 cases were recorded in the state today. He also announced few restrictions as the state struggles with a record spike in coronavirus cases. The 'break the chain' lockdown will start from April 14 from 8 pm for at least next 15 days.
Check out the what will remain open and what will remain closed:
- Section 144 will come into effect from 8 pm tomorrow.
- All establishments, public places will remain closed except essential services.
- Essential services like medicine, groceries and vegetables will be allowed from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Public transport will continue to operate for essential workers and in emergency and essential activities for general public.
- Hotels and Restaurants and bars will be shut for dine-in services. Takeaway and home delivery allowed between 7 am and 8 pm.
- For street vendors, parcel service will be allowed in between 7 am to 8 pm, but no-one will be allowed to eat there.
- Local train and bus services for essential services only, petrol pumps will remain open.
- Financial institutions associated with SEBI to remain open.
- Construction work to continue.
- Recreational areas like cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, gyms and auditoriums will be closed..
- Places of worship will be closed for visitors.
- Beauty parlours, hair salons and spas will be closed.
- Public transport allowed with restrictions (Autos: Driver + 2 passengers; Taxi: Driver, + 50% of vehicle capacity; Bus: Full capacity but no standing passengers allowed.
- No schools and colleges across the state. Private coaching to remain shut. Students travelling for exam may be allowed along with one adult on the basis of valid hall ticket.
- No shootings for allowed for films, serials, and ads.
- Ecommerce to be allowed only for delivery of essential goods.
- Weddings to be allowed only with maximum 25 people present. Weddings to be allowed only with maximum 25 people present.
- Decisions on letting domestic help, drivers, attendants to be taken by local authorities.
Maharashtra COVID19 guidelines: All establishments, public places, activities to remain closed. Essential services exempted, their operations to be unrestricted.— ANI (@ANI) April 13, 2021
Restrictions to be in effect from 8pm, 14th April till 7am, 1st May pic.twitter.com/1jYZvTMhYK
Maharashtra reported 51,751 new COVID-19 cases and 258 deaths in the last 24 hours, the state health department informed on Monday evening. The number of corona cases in the state is increasing day by day. Mumbai reported 6,905 new COVID-19 cases and 43 deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total count of cases to 5,27,119. With 9,037 more recoveries, the total number of recoveries has gone up to 4,23,678. The city has 90,267 active cases currently.