The whole world is fighting the Coronavirus pandemic. India is now the seventh-worst hit nation by the COVID-19 pandemic. Maharashtra being the worst hit state with highest number of cases. The state authorities are taking full measures to curb the spread of the virus.
In order to curb the spread the MVA government had called a meeting and taken some important decision beneficial for the citizens.
- The state government declared free treatment for COVID-19 patients under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojna (MJPJAY). Under the MJPJAY, patients from poor economic backgrounds get health insurance coverage of Rs 1,50,000 at empanelled hospitals.
- Cyclone Nisarga: Considering the intensity of the storm, the people of the coastal areas have been urged to stay at home. Only essential service workers are at work.
- Approval for creation of post of Secretary for Bombay High Court Law Committee and Sub-Committee. A total of three posts one for each were created for Mumbai, Nagpur and Aurangabad.
- Establishment of an additional Family Court at Thane. Approval also for creation of necessary posts for the Court.
- Appointment of administrators on expiring terms of local bodies
- The state cabinet appointed Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) as the developer for Dighi in the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)