In a shocking incident, a 12 year old boy was charred to death after he was electrocuted while playing with an iron ladder in Navi Mumbai on Monday.
The incident took place around 9 a.m near a shop at Sector 8 in Airoli on Monday. The boy identified as a street hawker, reportedly was trying to move a ladder which came in the contact with an electric wire above. The boy was charred to death on the spot.
Officials from the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Corporation Limited (MSEDCL) and the fire brigade reached the spot. “The MSEDCL officials switched off the power supply and removed the ladder,” senior police inspector Yogesh Gawade from Rabale police station said.
The Rabale police have registered an accidental death report and initiated the probe.