EPFO extends deadline to link Aadhaar number with UAN till Sept 1
By Lokmat English Desk | Published: June 16, 2021 01:48 PM2021-06-16T13:48:47+5:302021-06-16T13:51:21+5:30
The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has extended the deadline to seed Aadhaar number with the universal account number ...
The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has extended the deadline to seed Aadhaar number with the universal account number (UAN) of the Employees Provident Fund till September 1, 2021, in order to provide relief amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Earlier, the deadline was June 1, 2021. The extension has given extra time to companies and PF holders to link Aadhaar number to PF account. As per the order issued by EPFO, the deadline for filing receipt of PF return with UAN has been extended till September 1, 2021. The EPFO had made it mandatory to add the Aadhaar number after a notification was issued by the Ministry of Labor. The Ministry of Labor had issued a notification on May 3.
Some rules have changed since June 1 for more than 6 crore EPFO members. EPFO has taken this decision under the Social Security Code 2020. Under this rule, account holders who have not linked Aadhar card to their account will not be able to file electronic challan cum return i.e. ECR. The ECR is filed by employers. The extension of the deadline will give more time to employers to link their employees' Aadhaar numbers with the UAN.
Under this rule, the account holder's UAN must also be Aadhaar verified. In this case, you can go to the official website of EPFO and link your account with Aadhar Card. Then verify the UAN as well. This will not cause any problem in their shares received from the company. If your Aadhaar number is not linked to your provident fund account accordingly, it will have a direct impact on employer contributions.
How to link .... (EPFO Aadhaar Card Link):
- To link Aadhar Card, first go to EPFO Portal epfindia.gov.in and login.
- In the 'Online Services' option go to 'e-KYC portal' and click on Link UAN Aadhaar.
- Enter your UAN number and registered mobile number.
- An OTP will then appear on your mobile number. Then enter the OTP and 12 digit Aadhaar Card number on your mobile.
- Then click on OTP Verification. Then generate OTP to the registered mobile number for the email linked to your Aadhaar number for your Aadhaar details.
- EPFO will contact your company through authentication for linking of your Aadhaar number.
- Your recruiter will then process the link to the EPF account and then your Aadhaar number will be linked to the EPF account.