In a shocking incident which has come into light a migrant worker named Salman Khan died of snake bite after he reached home walking 2,000 km on foot from Bengaluru to Uttar Pradesh. According to reports, Salman was bitten by a snake when he went to the field to wash up after a long dusty journey. According to a report in Times of India, Salman's mother went into a shock after his sudden death. The deceased youth's 50-year-old mother Rukshan had to be hospitalised after her condition deteriorated following the news of Salman's death.
Salman took train to Bengaluru in December last year to earn a living. He was employed at a construction site along with other friends from Gonda. Unable to stay longer amid lockdown, Salman and his 10 others began their journey home on foot on May 12. He and other finally reached home on May 26 after dodging police in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and wading across Tungabhadra river. Koushal Kumar, who worked with Salman in Bengaluru, said, "Our contractor did not pay us for two months. We also tried to get on the train but in vain. We felt humiliated by long delays and police caning. After all this, 10 of us decided to start the journey on foot to Gonda in UP."