Know about these easy steps and four options to check your PF balance

By Lokmat English Desk | Published: January 10, 2021 08:23 PM2021-01-10T20:23:37+5:302021-01-10T20:23:37+5:30

Next

The interest declared on the provident fund for the year 2019-20 has started accruing to the account of PF members. Many are skeptical about whether their account has accrued interest. However, now that you are at home, you can get your PF account information.

An interest rate of 8.5 per cent has been sanctioned on PF for the year 2019-20. The Ministry of Labor had sent a proposal to the Finance Ministry that the PF interest amount should be paid to the members. The proposal has been approved by the Finance Department and the amount of interest will be credited to the PF member's account.

In September, it was decided to pay the interest in two phases. It was proposed to pay 8.15 per cent in the first phase and 0.35 per cent in the second phase. However, the Ministry of Labor at the same time paid a total of 8.5 percent interest.

PF members will be able to verify whether PF is credited to their PF account through four different options. This will allow PF members to get information about PF interest from the government app UMANG.

The 'PF' amount can be checked from Umang App. Download Umang App from Play Store in smartphone. Register your mobile number on this app and login to the app. Go to ‘Service Directory’ in the menu on the left side of the app. In this there is a option available to check PF balance.

You can also know your PF balance through SMS. Your UAN number must be registered with EPFO ​​for this service. You have to send the message 'EPFOHO UAN ENG' to 7738299899. This service is available in 10 different languages ​​like English, Hindi, and Punjabi.

PF amount can be ascertained on the basis of a missed call. Like SMS service, members can check the balance of PF by making a missed call. For this, make a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile. This service must have UAN, PAN and Aadhaar link.

In addition, the amount of PF balance can be found on the website of the Employees Provident Fund Association at epfindia.gov.in. On this website you have to submit relevant information on a new page passbook.epfindia.gov.in. Here you have the UAN sequence