Two days after the government of India officially banned 59 chines apps including TikTok the CEO Kevin Mayer in a video townhall to employees in India addressed on the company's future. In the post titled "A message to our employees in India" the message read, “TikTok continues to comply with all data privacy and security requirements under Indian law and places the highest importance on user privacy and integrity,”He said these are unprecedented times but the company remains committed to supporting the welfare of its TikTok creator community till this interim order is in effect.
"Our creator managers are actively engaging with our top creators to reassure them of our efforts and updates about the path forward,” Mayer said.He said TikTok has enabled hundreds of millions of users to enjoy the creative works of artists, storytellers, educators, and performers from across the country who have forged new avenues of livelihood improvement. “Our employees are our biggest strength, and their well-being is our topmost priority. We have also assured more than 2,000 strong workforce that we will do everything in our power to restore the positive experiences and opportunities that they can be proud of,” Mayer said during the town hall. The Indian government said on Monday that it had banned the popular app including 59 other chinese applications. TikTok earlier in a statement said that it would be meeting government stakeholders to respond and submit clarifications. India is undeniably an important market for TikTok. Out of the nearly 2 billion downloads in April, on Google and Apple play stores put together, over 30 percent came from India. Modi government latest move was applauded by celebs and politicians across India.