Chief Minister Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray visited the injured residents of the collapsed building in New Collector compound, Malad West of Mumbai at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal Hospital (Shatabdi Hospital) and inquired about thier well-being.
Environment Minister Aditya Thackeray, Municipal Commissioner Shri Iqbal Singh Chahal, Mayor Kishori Pednekar were present on the occasion.
At least eleven people, including eight minors, lost their lives after a residential structure collapsed in New Collector compound, Malad West of Mumbai late on Wednesday night, informed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). The incident took place around 10:15 pm. Among the eleven people who died include eight members of the same family.
At least 11 people, including eight minors, lost their lives after a residential structure collapsed on Wednesday night. As many as 18 people have been rescued safely, while seven people have been injured in the incident. Rescue operations are still underway.
Names of those killed in the accident-
1. Sahil Sarfaraz Syed (9 years)
2. Arifa Sheikh (9 years)
3. Shafiq Mohammad Salim Siddiqui (45 years)
4. Tousif Shafiq Siddiqui (15 years)
5. Elisha Shafiq Siddiqui (10 years)
6. Alfisa Shafiq Siddiqui (one and a half years)
7. Afina Shafiq Siddiqui (6 years)
8. Ishrat Bano Shafiq Siddiqui (40 years)
9. Rahisa Banu Rafiq Siddiqui (40 years)
10. Tahes Safiq Siddiqui (12 years)
11. John Iranna (13 years)
Names of the injured in the accident-
1. Marikumari Hirangana (30 years) is in critical condition
2. Dhanalakshmi Baby (36 years) Stable
3. Salim Sheikh (49 years) is stable
4. Rizwan Syed (33 years) is stable
5. Suryamani Yadav (39 years) is stable
6. Karim Khan (30 years) is stable
7. Gulzar Ahmed Ansari (26 years) is stable