The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019:
*A Union Territory of Ladakh will be formed;
* It will contain Kargil and Leh districts;
* A Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir will be formed;
* It will contain all the areas other than Ladakh and Leh.
Status of Governor:
* Governor of existing state of Jammu and Kashmir will be Lieutenant governor of UT of Jammu and Kashmir and UT of Ladakh.
Representation in Council of States
* Four sitting RS members from J&K will be deemed to be members of UT of J&K. Their term remains unaltered.
Representation in Lok Sabha:
* UT of J&K will have five LS seats;
* UT of Ladakh will have one LS seat;
L-G, Assembly of J&K:
*The provisions contained in Article 239A, which are applicable to 'Union territory of Puducherry', shall also apply to the 'Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir';
* The legislative assembly will have 107 seats with direct elections. (J&K assembly earlier had 111 seats out of which 87 elected);
* 24 seats in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) will remain vacant (same as in earlier assembly)
* L-G can nominate two women members to the assembly;
* The term of the assembly will be five years (as against six years earlier)
* Central laws have been made applicable to UTs of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
Government proposes delimitation of assembly segments:
* There will be reorganization of assembly segments and constituency maps will be redrawn;
* At the moment Jammu region has 37 assembly segments and Kashmir has 46What Art 370 prevented:
* Implementation of Right to Information;
* Right to Education;
* Comptroller & Auditor General's scrutiny;
* Freedom from Sharia law for women in Kashmir
* Rights to panchayats;
* Reservation of 16% for minorities such as Hindus and Sikhs;
* Ind from other states from buying or owning land in Kashmir;
* Stopping Pakistanis from getting Indian citizenship by marrying Indian women from Kashmir.
( With inputs from IANS )