Marathi | HIndi

Epaper
Follow us:
Home > National > No dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, Babri Masjid demolition case should end: Iqbal Ansari
No dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, Babri Masjid demolition case should end: Iqbal Ansari English.Lokmat.com

No dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, Babri Masjid demolition case should end: Iqbal Ansari

The Babri Masjid demolition case should be brought to an end as there is no dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, said Iqbal Ansari on Friday.
No dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, Babri Masjid demolition case should end: Iqbal Ansari

The Babri Masjid demolition case should be brought to an end as there is no dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, said Iqbal Ansari on Friday.

Ansari, who was one of the litigants in the Ayodhya land dispute case, said that the dispute for the Babri Masjid has ended long before with the Supreme Court ordering the construction of the Ram temple.

"The Supreme Court gave its order on November 9. The construction of the Ram temple is going on. There is no dispute between the Hindus and Muslims now. This was proven on November 9 when the order came," Ansari told here.

"The demolition of Babri Masjid happened 28 years ago, some of the accused are alive while some are no more. Every time a date is announced for hearing the questions regarding its outcome resurface. We had urged the court to end this matter because such a long time has passed. The matter was being investigated by CBI. All evidences, arguments are with the court, so they should end it," he added.

The special CBI court, which was hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case, will pronounce its judgment in the matter on September 30.

Special CBI judge Surendra Kumar Yadav has directed all the 32 accused, including former deputy Prime Minister LK Adv, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh, BJP leaders MM Joshi, Uma Bharti and Vinay Katiar, to remain present in the court on the day of the judgment.

The court had last month rejected pleas of two prosecution witnesses -- Hazi Mahmood Ahmad and Sayyed Akhlakh -- seeking permission to file written arguments in the Babri Masjid demolition case, holding that they were not victims in the matter.

Notably, the CBI has already filed its 400-page written arguments in connection with the case.

The Supreme Court had earlier extended till August 31 the tenure of special CBI Judge SK Yadav and directed him to complete the trial and deliver the judgment in the case by that time. The apex court had later granted another month to special CBI judge SK Yadav to pronounce the judgment in the case.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

No dispute left between Hindus and Muslims now, Babri Masjid demolition case should end: Iqbal Ansari
SC orders status quo on demolition of building with Dutch East India Company connection
Domestic air travel figures returning to pre-COVID levels: Puri
Congress launches all-out attack on Karnataka govt, asks Yediyurappa to demand funds from Centre
RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav slams Centre over new Agriculture Bills
Corona
Patients7651107
Died115914
Corona
Patients41,094,667
Died1,130,550
Corona
Coronavirus Live updates! Around the world